|
* Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
男女永远不会平等,除非女人能顶着个秃头挺着个啤酒肚走在街上而仍觉得自己很性感。
* Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
每个成功的男人背後是他的女人。每个从成功坠毁的男人背後通常是另一个女人。
* Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
上教堂并不会使你成为一个基督徒,正如站在车房里不会使你成为一部车子一样。
* Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
光跑得比声音快,这就是为什麽有些人看起来很灵光,直到他们张嘴说话。
* War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
战争并不决定谁対(right为英文双关语:右/対)--只是谁畄下来(left为英文双关语:左/畄)。
* If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
要是我同意你的意见,那我们就两个都错了。
* Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
知识是知道蕃茄是一种水果。智慧是不把它放进水果沙拉。
* Evening news is where they begin with 'Good Evening,' and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
晚间新闻是那个他们开始道「晚安」,然後告诉你为何它并非如此的地方。
* To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
从一个人那里盗取主意是剽窃。从许多人那里盗取主意是研究。
* A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
汽车站是汽车停歇的地方。火车站是火车停歇的地方。在我桌上,我有一个工作站。
* Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says, 'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'
每次填写申请表,在那个"紧急时,通知:"的地方,我总填上"医生。"
* Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
金钱买不到快乐,但它的确使苦难好受一些。
* You're never too old to learn something stupid.
你永远不会老得学不会做蠢事。
* To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
为了保证打中目标,先打然後把你打到的任何东西称为目标。
* Where there's a will, there's relatives.
有遗嘱的地方,就有亲人。 |
|